Come in during open hours or make an appointment for a free assessment and evaluation of your current chess abilities and find out which program will suit you best!
What We Offer:
• Youth & Adult Chess Classes (Beginner, Intermediate, & Advanced)
• Private Chess Lessons (In-person, online, & in-home)
• Friday Knights Tournaments (4:30pm-7:30pm; USCF Rated)
• Free Casual Play (Fridays 7:30pm-9:30pm)
Core Benefits of Chess:
• Playing chess teaches students to become thinkers, to develop an inner voice that constantly ask questions and finds solutions.
• Chess fosters personal development and growth, encouraging self-discipline, patience, decision-making and sportsmanship, all necessary attributes of the successful chess player.
• And finally, chess requires students to consistently give their best effort, whether ahead or behind, there is always something to be learned. Chess is the ultimate game to exercise our cognitive abilities and of course, have fun!
• John Hopkins School of Education article: “Educational Value of Chess”
Congratulations to our Fundamental Chess Academy Team: Queen and Kings for winning the 2015 US Amateur Team West Scholastics! Kaitlyn, Marcus, Derrick, and Ram also won Top Board honors with three perfect scores! (US Chess Federation article:http://www.uschess.org/content/view/12969/798/)
Fundamental Chess Academy (serving and promoting chess in Santa Ana, Irvine, and the surrounding Orange County communities) offers beginner through advanced level chess lessons and chess classes and also USCF-rated tournaments for the competitive chess player. Each student is thoroughly trained to compete in local, state, and national tournaments depending on their individually set goals. Students will also get a chance to compete together on our club team at various tournaments. Whether you want to play casually to stimulate the mind or competitively to test your mental limits, Fundamental Chess Academy will have something to offer.